Monday, April 22, 2013

BRINGING BACK MEMORIES

     For my Photo of the Day photo today I knew I wanted to take a drive out to Pine Lake to find something and it didn't take long for me to find that something.
     While driving down River Road near Clover Drive (where I grew up as a kid by the way), I remembered the old gate that blocked the road to the old Pine Lake dump. Sure enough, that old gate was still there. When my brothers and I were kids we used to slide our bikes under that gate and ride along that road leading to the dump. It was one of many bike adventures we had when we were kids -- that and watching my youngest brother ALWAYS drop his sodas when he had them while riding his bike.
      If there is one thing this project has done for me, it's bringing back some memories of my childhood growing up in the Rhinelander area. It's been fun seeing some of the things I remember -- the old school house in Pine Lake, the State theater on Brown Street, Jets Dairy, the Fun Factory candy shop. All will surely be subjects of my Photo a Day project before the year is up.
     This photo was taken using the macro function on my phone, which I'm really beginning to like. It's one of the many free apps available on my Windows phone that I'm still discovering.
     Here is Day 9 of my photo project.
     Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment