Tuesday, July 31, 2012

WINGS AND WHEELS

     This past weekend was a chance for me to do a little bit more creative photography while I was covering the annual Shawano Fly Out, along with a car show.
     Older cars are fun to take photos of because of the curves and shapes to them ... unlike cars these days that don't look "cool" in photographs.
     You can ask my wife, I've been in the mood to shoot some old car photos all summer and unfortunately this has been the first chance I've been able to do that.
     My favorite image is of a cherry red Chevrolet I took a photo of from the back driver side, looking down the side. The other favorite car image of mine was of a hood ornament in the shape of a swan, I've never seen one like that before.
    There were some fun photos that I was able to capture at the fly out as well, including a dad and his daughter holding hands as they checked out the planes and a group of men pushing an airplane out of its parking spot where two of my favorite images.
    We've just entered the month of August and it is usually our most hectic month when it comes to covering events on the weekends — this weekend we have the Bonduel corn roast on Friday night, followed by the Menominee Nation Contest Pow Wow the rest of the weekend.
    Also this month we have the Stockbridge-Munsee Pow Wow, Work day at the county fairgrounds to get ready for the fair at the end of the month, a Pro/Am motorcycle race in town and you can't forget ... the fall sports season kicks off next week!
     Lots of photos coming up this week.



No comments:

Post a Comment