Sunday, December 2, 2012

PURPLE AND GREEN

     It was a NFC North Division rivalry game at Lambeau Field in Green Bay on Sunday as the Green Bay Packers hosted the Minnesota Vikings.
    The Packers were coming into the contest after suffering a 38-10 loss at the hands of the New York Giants the week prior and came out Sunday moving quickly against the Vikings -- with a lot of short, dump off passes to move down the field.
     There was plenty of action on the field with big plays from receivers James Jones, Greg Jennings and Randall Cobb and tight end Jermichael Finley and also on the other side of the ball with running back Adrian Peterson.
     Unfortunately, it was an off day for me. I usually have one of those a season where it seems like everything happens on the opposite side as me or I just didn't happen to get the big play. Don't get me wrong, I got some nice images, but I didn't get that one, key to the whole game, type of photo today.
     My favorite photograph from the game came in the first quarter when WR Jones dove for a touchdown and reached across the goal line hitting the pylon for the score. Bad part was the touchdown was called back on a holding call against the Packers.
    I've gotten quite a few nice images of Jones making big-time catches this year and have two more games to go yet. Should be fun to see what else that talented athlete can do.
    The other favorite photo for me came in the second quarter when a pass intended for Greg Jennings was intercepted by the Vikings. I love Jennings' reaction as the ball is getting intercepted.
     The Packers have just two home games left -- against the Detroit Lions and the Tennessee Titans. Lets home this slump of mine is just for one game.
      Enjoy!

Packers receiver James Jones reaches for a touchdown in the first quarter. The TD was called back because of a holding call against the Packers.

Packers safety Morgan Burnett celebrates after intercepting a pass against the Vikings.

A pass intended for Green Bay Packers receiver Greg Jennings is intercepted in the second quarter.


No comments:

Post a Comment